Equisetum Kidney Compress with Solidago virgaurea D2
Kind of substance
Equisetum, with Solidago virgaurea D2
This hot kidney compress with Equisetum promotes excretion. It has a decongestive, pain-relieving and antispasmodic effect. The addition of Solidago Virgaurea D2 (drops) strengthens the renal process and the drainage system of the urinary tract.
- Pelvicaliceal dilation
- Urinary tract infections, ascending
- Renal insufficiency
Place a hot, flat-filled hot-water bottle under each side of the finished compress, leaving out the spine.
- Outer cloth
- Intermediate cloth
- Inner cloth
- Wringing-out aid
- 2 hot-water bottles
- Medium-sized basin
- 20 drops Solidago virgaurea D2
- Equisetum tea:
Put 1 tablespoon of Equisetum greens in half a liter of water overnight and cook for 10 minutes the next day.
OR without soaking in cold water, simmer covered for 40 minutes on a low heat
Then strain into a thermos.
- Lay the outer and intermediate cloths onto the bed at the level of the upper abdomen
- The patient lies down on them
- Pour the hot tea into the basin
- Add the Solidago drops
- Fold the inner cloth twice to make 4 layers, immerse in the tea and wring out well!
- The patient sits up in bed or turns all the way to the side. Initially fan the body with the hot cloth, until the heat is tolerable, then lay the folded inner cloth over the kidneys from rear axillary line to rear axillary line, and then quickly mold the other wrapping cloths around the body. Place the hot-water bottles under the kidneys from the left and right (leave out the spine).
- Cover the patient, including the shoulders and feet
- After 30 minutes, remove the hot-water bottles and the compress, cover this part of the body again (e.g., pull down the T-shirt that had been pushed up)
- Another 30 minutes of post-treatment rest
Wash out the cloths, hang them up
The patient suffered from kidney congestion, with bladder voiding dysfunction and pollakiuria, as well as nocturia (3 times) and hourly urination during the day. He felt pressure pain over the bladder.
In addition, he suffered from prostate hyperplasia with chronic renal insufficiency, which among other things led to an overfull bladder with up to 3 liters of urinary retention.
After the first application the patient said “Au, the compress is hot, but believe me, the urine ran better and the cramp-like pain was already gone during the compress”.
The patient received the following medication: Solidago virgaurea D2 drops p.o.; Iris germanica D3 s.c., Berberis fructus D3 s.c., Cantharis Blaseninjekt. s.c. (administered by injection).