Rhythmical Back Embrocation According to Wegman/Hauschka with Solum Oil
Kind of substance
Guiding principle for the application
Many people experience strain unconsciously in the form of increasing shoulder and neck tension, associated with weakness in the lower back. Tension can be relieved and the play of back muscles enlivened by strokes and warming circles.
The patient's breathing deepens and she feels warmed through and relaxed, deep in her muscles and soul.
Guiding Principle for the substance
- Back pain (see example cases 1 & 2)
- Before and after giving birth
- Chronic pain syndrome
- Depression from exhaustion (see example case 2)
- Difficulty falling asleep and sleeping through the night
- Disquiet and anxiety
- Enlivening and stimulating the patient's breathing, in cases of bronchial asthma, COPD
- Exhaustion (see example case 2)
- Lumbar spine syndrome and lower back pain
- Neck pain (see example case 2)
- Tension headaches
Rhythmical embrocation according to Wegman/Hauschka can only be learned by attending a seminar. For more information see Rhythmical Embrocation
Nevertheless, even a simple, gentle application of some oil to the back in the way described can help.
Example case 1
A middle-aged Japanese woman, who had come to Europe with certain expectations regarding our culture and was disappointed, developed strong back and neck pains. She came for rhythmical embrocation treatments. After six treatments of the back and neck, once a week (in this case with solum lavender oil) her complaints had improved so much that she could perform relaxed movements again. She went back to Japan and when I saw her years later, she was in good spirits and the pain had not returned.
Example case 2
Due to painful chronic pain syndrome in her back, shoulders and neck (with depression caused by exhaustion) a female patient was hardly able to get into bed when she was hospitalised. She was given rhythmical embrocations with solum oil to her back and neck in a sitting position. She experienced the first treatment as being very beneficial, from the third one onwards she felt a lightness in her body; the stabbing pains changed into dull pain. She said that it was as if the burden that she had been carrying for years in her work as a nurse had now slipped down to her feet. The patient dreamed after the treatments and was able to discuss this with the doctor, so that she felt emotionally relieved. She was able to move outside her room again, after 14 days she was even able to go to a local shop.
She received additional artistic therapies, as well as non-medicinal therapies and medications during this time, so that it all certainly served to support the good course of improvement.
- Ostermann, T., Blaser, G., Bertram, M., Michalsen, A., Matthiessen, P. F., & Kraft, K. (2008). Effects of rhythmic embrocation therapy with solum oil in chronic pain patients: a prospective observational study. The Clinical journal of pain, 24(3), 237-243.